Martha Ann MEMMOTT 43,44,71
- Born: 16 Oct 1848, Aston, Yorkshire, England, Great Britain 48,71,72
- Christened: 1 Jul 1849, Whiston, Yorkshire, England
- Marriage: Benjamin Martin IVIE on 21 Jul 1864 in Mt. Pleasant, Sanpete, UT 46
- Died: 29 Nov 1924, Scipio, Millard, Utah, USA at age 76 49
- Buried: 2 Dec 1924, Scipio, Millard, Utah, USA 71,72
Millard County Progress page 1 Dec 12 1924
The death occured on Saturday night November 29th of Mrs. Martha Memmot Ivie wife of Martin Ivie, in her 76th year. She is survived by her husband and six sons: Wilbert, Thomas and James of Scipio, Joseph of Delta, Jerome of Lynndyl and Amos Nevada. Three grown children, having proceeded her to the great beyond. Funeral services were help on Tuesday at one o'clock in the ward meeting house and were very largely attended. The floral tributes testified in what high regard this good and noble woman was held. "Grandma Ivie" as she was known to the whole town was a friend and nurse to every one in need of comfort and help. Speakers at the services were Peter Olsen, Grover Probert, Charles Memmot, Samuel Memmot and Bishop B. L. Robins. The Robin Quartett sang "Rest On The Hillside, Rest", and the choir rendered several appropriate selections. Internment was in the Scipio Cemetery. Out of town visitors to the funeral were: Mr. and Mrs., Eugene Memmot of Oasis: Amos Ivie and Mrs. Robert **** of Nevada: Mr. and Mrs. Foote of Salina: Mr. and Mrs. James Memmot and daughter Fontella of Nephi and a number of others whose names we did not get. Beautiful cut flowers were received from Mrs. Kate Ivie and children of Los Angeles.
Scipio City Cemetery, 51-4-20
Noted events in her life were:
1. Immigration, Abt 1856. 46
2. Immigration, Abt 1864. 70
3. Naturalization, Abt 1865. 70
4. Census, 1880, Scipio, Millard, Utah, USA. 48
5. Census, 1900, Scipio, Millard, Utah, USA. 69 She had 11 children 9 living.
6. Census, 1910, Scipio, Millard, Utah, USA. 46 She had 11 children 9 living. Sons Thomas, James & John all living close.
7. Alt. Death, 30 Nov 1924, Scipio, Millard, Utah, USA. 71,72
8. Census, 1920, Nephi, Juab, Utah, USA. 70
Martha married Benjamin Martin IVIE, son of James Russell IVIE and Eliza FOUSETT, on 21 Jul 1864 in Mt. Pleasant, Sanpete, UT.46 (Benjamin Martin IVIE was born on 15 Sep 1848 in Potawatamie, , Iowa,50 died on 5 Mar 1926 in Lynndyl, Millard, Utah, USA 50,68 and was buried on 7 Mar 1926 in Scipio, Millard, Utah, USA 50,68.)